Thursday, September 2, 2010

Verizon Blackberry Internet Services

Over the weekend took a client his phone in to Verizon to diagnose an issue with receiving mail. Verizon said it was his phone and gave him a new one. He still could not receive email (it was not the phone) so he asked me to take a look at it.

The first issue I looked at involved signing in to Blackberry Internet Services. As I do not deal with Bb much, I wasn't sure what to use for the default password. I called Verizon, the first rep tried to point me to the Bb Verizon setup site, but the link was dead. After about thirty minutes, we found a working link by going through Verizon's site. The link pointed to setting up a new phone with Blackberry Internet Services.

The site for adding a new phone to the Blackberry Internet Services account.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html

The easiest way to look up the information required by the page is to go into the setup area for your phone and click status. The page displays both the PIN and MEID or ESN. In the phones that I've looked at, the MEID starts with an A and has a bunch of zeros. However, the client already had a BIS account setup. He just didn't know that the Verizon store had created the account.


A second call and a different rep, still pointed me to the dead link. I gave the correct link but told her that he just needs his user name and password, not a new BIS account. She said, "I think you must mean a corporate account." I mentioned that no, he uses IMAP to grab his mail. No need for a corporate account. After another 20 minutes, she bumped me up to advanced tech support and he gave me what I need in a couple of minutes.


The site for managing a created Blackberry Internet Services account

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Some tips for validating an email address within Blackberry Internet Services


The default user was in the format first.last with verizon as the password.

If using Exchange (and using POP3 or IMAP to pull the mail), use primary the SMTP address (default reply address in Exchange). The User Name is case sensitive. The email address might be case sensitive too, but I haven't verified the information. It does not hurt to try both.

No comments:

Post a Comment