Monday, July 11, 2011

Desktop Blog Editor Blogo

I am trying out a few desktop blog editors to help with some offline work that I do. I first worked with Blogo due to the favorable reviews from other blog writers. I used Blogo in combination with Google's Blogger product.

What's useful...

Blogo uses a clean interface, intuitive design and easy to setup.
Blogo interface screen

I love the ability to save the posts to the draft folder on Blogger. If I am away from my Mac I can continue to edit my draft in Blogger.

Blogger Drafts

I also used the tool bar add-on a number of times during my trial.

Blogo add-on


What's not useful...

The first time I included images in a post, Blogo tossed up a generic 500 error.


A Google search didn't help, and the mention on the Blogo site was less than useful...



Editing a draft on Blogger then syncing back to Blogo causes the images to rearrange. I found no easy way to place the images back into the original locations so I removed them to start over. While not overly time consuming, it's a bit annoying.

I found the same issue when saving the blog post offline (documents folder) to open later. After opening the post, the images re-arranged into other places. I also noticed some added spaces and carriage returns though it could be apart of the same issue with the images.

Blogo Re-arranging images

Summing up...

The later issue pretty much stopped me from using Blogo. I am willing to go back and dig into the features. I enjoyed the design enough to determine if I have some configuration issue causing me problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment